I just can't get sound

macguyver2000
Well, I am running Linux Mint (64) and the PB program will work, except for the sound.
I did try to run Fluidsynth, getting a midi output option, though with all my playing around, I could not get any sound output.
I am excited that program runs well just without the sound, which is the sad missing part.    I don't know how to properly use Fluidsynth or Timidity.   I did try to make a read on them, but I can't get any sound output.

I do inquire to get some help and to make this work.   Without the sound, its missing the most critical part.

I did try to read all i could to learn other people problems that may relate.  Sadly, I found i still cannot solve this problem.

I am happy to share any information I have in hopes for the guidance that gets it running.

Knowing how to install Fluidsynth or Timidity might be a huge step.
Perhaps there are some other problems I am not aware of?

Re: I just can't get sound

romul

Re: I just can't get sound

macguyver2000
I see it is a file that can run.  What will it do for it?    I will like to give it a try of course.

Re: I just can't get sound

romul
This post was updated on .
Install timidity and run this script.
or
install fluidsynth, fluid-soundfont-gm, fluid-soundfont-gs and run pianobooster-fluidsynth script https://github.com/captnfab/PianoBooster/tree/master/tools/fluidsynth .

Go to MIDI setting of pianobooster to configure output device.