PianoBooster version 0.6.4rc is ready for testing.
After a long wait a new version 0.6.4rc is ready for testing.
Please try out this version and let me know if works OK for you.
The following changes have been made:
v0.6.4rc: (24 November 2009)
- Added note names for beginners (to be used with a piano note name cut-out.)
- Added assignable left and right midi channels.
- Improved the MIDI timing accuracy.
- Greatly reduced the memory footprint.
- Reduced the CPU load.
- Reduced the screen flicker (recommend setting screen refresh rate to 60Hz
and for Intel Graphic chips updating the drivers).
- Added keyboard shortcuts. These are - speed up/down, play from start,
play/pause, next previous song, left right both hands.
- Remembers the song settings in a configuration file called "pb.cfg".
These are the midi channels, speed, left right or both hands
- Now works well Ubuntu 9.10 and Intel graphic chips.
(Those with Ubuntu 9.04 and Intel should upgrade to 9.10 and this version)
- Fixed various startup issues.
- Now correctly displays repeated accidentals in one bar.
- Added the option to display courtesy accidentals.
- Added a simple help page.
- Added a windows installer.
Linux uses will have to type the following command line to get the code from svn and then follow the instructions in build.txt.
Re: PianoBooster version 0.6.4rc is ready for testing.
Great upgrade (XP - Windows version) but watch out!!
If you install into a new folder, you'll need to copy "mingwm10.dll" from your old installation folder (in my case version 0.6.2) to get it going. It seems that file is not included with this release candidate.
I usually install release candidates to a new folder to make testing a bit easier.