Quantcast

problem loading midi files with text events

problem loading midi files with text events

Pavel Kasparek
Hello,

on many midi files I get error telling the midi file is corrupted when trying to open it. On console an error like the following can be seen:

ERROR: Text Event too large 113
ERROR: Midi error 5

It seems to happen on midi files containing lyrics.

I have found that there is a hard-coded value of maximum length of midi text events to 100 bytes in MidiTrack.cpp source code file, and I verified that after increasing this value  (I changed it to 1000 bytes) it works fine.

With regards
Pavel Kasparek